The Rager - Raw Thoughts 1/24/11


Welcome to everybody's favorite weekly...erm....semi-weekly....ugh...very weakly random thoughts of WWE's Monday Night RAW.

1. I think its interesting that they chose to start off Raw with a Smackdown wrestler. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Edge seems less legit on Raw, it just doesn't fit.
2. Was it just me or did anybody else sense any sexual tension between Edge and the GM laptop? There was just the awkward moment when the email went off and Edge had his "crazy eyes." Which reminds me, I miss the automated voice for the laptop but I understand Michael Cole would lose a lot of his heat if he's not the "voice" of the GM.
3. Speaking of awkward moments, it was weird to see the Nexus face off against the newly formed Corre. The Corre seems to be trying to become the face version of the Nexus and something about it annoys me, they don't really have a reason to exist other than the fact that they're Nexus rejects. And I can't quite figure out if Ezekial Jackson has a foreign accent or he just struggles that hard with speaking, either way, someone take the microphone from him, please.
4. I was disappointed that Michael Carver was seen in the background practically all night and they did absolutely nothing with him. I thought he would come out and surprise one of the groups and become a member of the other or something. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, they went out of their way to show him a bunch so its obvious WWE is up to something...or they're screwing with us, which they've done plenty of times.
5. I understand how much WWE love champion vs. champion matches but the problem with them is that they can never go anywhere and there's no story. They tried and failed with Miz and Edge, the match only seemed to be a vehicle for Randy Orton to RKO everyone which I'm totally ok with.
6. Words can't express how much I'm glad that the story of Daniel Bryan with the Bella twins has ended. Sure they started something new with him and Gail Kim against the Bella twins but at least we don't have to see any dopey antics with him and those things again.
7. I like how Nexus used the Tag Team Champs as a buffer for the main event of CM Punk against Wade Barrett with John Cena as the special referee. Cena took soooooo long to kick out the Nexus and Almsot-Nexus members (betcha don't know which one is which, ay?) so you knew this was gonna be a short match and indeed it was. Cena exclaimed that both men used vulgar language and called off the match as it violates the fact that its a family show *sigh* really? I have no words.

All in all, it was kind of a lackluster episode for me, I was expecting a lot more build-up to the rumble match instead of a weird Edge challenge at the beginning. However, that does not take away from the excitement I have about the Royal Rumble this Sunday night. Its easily my favorite pay per view ever (yes even Wrestlemania) and the fact that its bigger than ever makes me that much more excited. Check back here at IBA for predictions by yours truly as well as other Ragereans for the Rumble as well as my reactions to the show following.

Later Rage-heads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

You're the Worst 5.13: "Pancakes"