News From the Front!

Just so you all know, I don't have time to watch "Clone Wars" on tv when the episodes air, and the Star Wars website doesn't post them until a week afterwards so I am perpetually a week behind. It is unfortunate but necessary...

Anyways, this past weeks's episode was another Senate episode. While this particular story arc is fascinating in showing the politics behind the war (something nerds like us can appreciate), these episodes with now clones and no Jedi get a bit redundant. Also, this whole jumping around the timeline thing would be confusing if I were just watching the show on television. The one that aired last week (this most recent one) takes place mere days before the episode in the middle of last season where Padme's Rodian Senator friend, Onaconda Farr, is poisoned. I can catch
the time jumps because I'm following them with the episode guides (Which can be found here http://starwars.com/archives/index.html?k=t_6a21c8ec-f2fc-406a-aa97-2dd5ae9fdbde ) but without them, this whole thing would feel like a mishmash of timelines. When the whole thing comes out on DVD, I'm going to have to watch everything in the correct order.

On a fun note, those who pay attention will notice that one of the bounty hunters Dooku sends after Padme' is a Selkath from the planet Manaan. This is one of the planets that you visit in the epic video game, Knights of the Old Republic. I always think it's awesome when they bring things together like that. It really makes everything feel connected. Like the first time you see the Death Star plans in Episode II. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Here's hoping for an action-packed frontlines episode this week!

On a completely unrelated note, I have found a new (to me anyways) anime that I am really digging! It's called Highschool of the Dead. It takes place in modern day starting in a normal highschool in Japan when the zombie apocalypse hits the world. The story feels a little forced so far. (I'm only half way through the 14 episode series) But it's turning out cool. I highly recommend it for anime/zombie enthusiasts as long as you can get through some goofy diologue and the gratuitous panty-shots that the Japanese love so very very much.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)