Amazing Spider-man Gets a trailer

Its been a slew of trailer updates here, as of late, but with summer movies, comes summer trailers, with the new Spider-man movie being the latest.

Amazing Spider-man was a movie I was prepared to hate. I felt that I already had my Spider-man movies, and this new "reboot" was just a low down cash grab to keep the rights to the series. But then Marc Webb was announced as the director, and with each and every casting decision sounding like a good one, I couldn't help but get a little excited about the movie. But now we have a trailer to see our first real glimpse of the movie's footage.

Check out thoughts below the trailer.



Now, I don't know about your Spider-man, but the Spider-man that I had growing up was funny. Constantly cracking jokes at the expense of his villains, Spidey was always a much lighter read than some of the other comic book heroes. So why does the theme of this movie feel so dark? The trailer starts out with a reminder that Peter's parents died when he was a young boy, and then we get a moody, troubled version of Parker for the bulk of the trailer. Remember, the last time Spider-man tried to go darker, we got Spider-man 3. And while I don't crap on the movie nearly as much as some others do, I will be happy to admit it was far inferior to the first two movies and the worst parts of the movie all featured Peter being moody and angry. Is this really a road that we want to go down again?

We also get very little look at the actual Spider-man portion of the movie except for the weird first person shots at the end. I don't know if thats really going to be in the movie, or was just a way to tease the reveal of the costume for the trailer. It kind of reminded me of the first person sequence from Doom a few years back. I don't know how long they can have those shots in the movie before it gets really annoying.

However, this is just a teaser trailer, and maybe it only shows a small portion of what the movie is about, or shows the movie in a darker light that it actually will be. Who knows? We have a year before we will actually find out but for now, I have to place myself in the somewhat concerned category when it comes to this movie.

(On a side note, the fact that JJ Jamison has been cut from the movie is probably a blessing in disguise because unless J.K. Simmons was going to reprise the role, their was no way that his performance in the first Spider-man series could possibly be topped)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

You're the Worst 5.13: "Pancakes"