The Rager - Royal Rumble Thoughts


Hello once again, my Ragerites, quite a bit has happened in the WWE Universe over the past couple of days so here are my thoughts:

Royal Rumble:
1. The World Heavyweight title match was slow but thankfully, Mr. Ziggles made the best of it. You can always tell a wrestler has come into his own when he can carry a match even though the person he's up against seems out of place and terrible (Edge). The match took way too long in my book but hey, I guess that happens when you have 4 matches for a 3 hour show. Anyways, Edge really had no business getting the win and I don't understand why they used Kelly Kelly to jump Vickie, wouldn't it make more sense to use a girl that has had previous storylines with her and Ziggles? (i.e. NXT girl).

2. So if CM Punk and his merry men were going to interfere with the WWE title match then why did we get all the Alex Riley interruptions? I'm really looking forward to the day when they take the training wheels off Miz and let him carry his own like he's proven he could do. I will say that it made my day to see Miz's face after he's told he won.

3. Even the WWE know the Diva's division is a complete joke if they completely bury the current champion and the top heels by throwing in a random girl and taking the title. This justifies every joke I have made about them as well as my lack of coverage of their matches.

4. The rumble match was great, although I'm still partial to last year's because of CM Punk's straight edge rants between eliminations and Shawn Michaels completely going off. The short Nexus domination was enjoyable and legitimized the fact that they're still a dominant stable despite all the changes. I was most impressed with Daniel Bryan's time in the match, really allowed him to show off some of his moves that aren't any sort of submission. John Morrison's spiderman move almost made my eyes pop out of my head but it was cheapened by him just getting thrown out like it was nothing, he really should've been in the final four. Kevin Nash and Booker T coming out really did surprise me even though I had heard rumors about it ahead of time. I never thought I would see either back in the WWE. However, I felt like Booker T should've had a longer time in the ring and I thought Nash was in the ring for too long. Either way, it was a great moment when both men came out. I'm assuming that Nash is gonna have some sort of match with Big Show from the way he left and its been rumored that Booker T will become an announcer for Smackdown. Miz interfering was slightly obvious but I'm a little oblivious as to why it was to take out Cena. Obviously they're working towards a Wrestlemania match and I guess Cena is the next guy now that Randy has moved on to Nexus after they interfered with his match. Basically Orton and Cena have swapped places. Alberto Del Rio winning made complete sense to win it because he's really proven himself as of late (besides, WWE made it really obvious now that I look back at the fact that he's the only superstar that has been on both shows as of late). He joins the ranks of Jack Swagger, Sheamus and Drew McIntyre as superstars that have gotten immediate pushes into the spotlight, so far only Sheamus has really made anything out of it, will Alberto Del Rio do the same? And by the way, how insane was the pop that Santino got at the end? If WWE isn't careful, people are going to mistaken him for a legitimate wrestler...just sayin'.

That is all for this edition of The Rager and congratulations for IBA's own, Joel, for predicting the ENTIRE card correctly for the Royal Rumble (minus the curve-ball Diva's match but they don't really count anyway). For this achievement, Joel has won the feeling of accomplishing something and being disappointed that it was for nothing. Such is life, my friends, suck it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)