The Rager - Elimination Chamber Predictions



The time has come once again for contributors to The Rager offer up their predictions for Elimination Chamber. So lets get right to it:

Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston

Dr. Chris - So this match really only serves a couple purposes. First of which is its a card-filler for a Pay Per View and secondly, it gives Del Rio something to do before his Championship match at Wrestlemania. I don't see Kofi having any chances...at all.
Winner - Alberto Del Rio

Joel - Why is this match exist? Is there a belt up for grabs? I am unclear. As it stands, del Rio is currently slated to have a Wrestlemania match for the belt. If you want to have people believe that our pal Al has a chance at winning the heavyweight title then you can’t have him loose to the IC champion just one PPV earlier.
Prediction: Albert.

Tag Team Championship: Santino and Kozlov(c) vs. Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater

Dr. Chris - WWE has to do something with Corre other than pushing a Ezekial Jackson and Big Show match in the near future because otherwise the only thing they've done is try to remind the audience that they exist. I see Gabriel and Slater winning and quite honestly, I'm surprised Santinlov has kept it this long.
Winner - Glater

Joel - We have in one corner a couple of guys who left Nexus to join communist nexus (red colors, everyone’s an equal, am I the only one getting communism vibes from the Corre?) And in the other corner we have a comedy duo who’s in ring hilarity has won them the belt instead of possible talent. Lets take a moment to remember the days of DX when the tag team belts were a big deal. Anyway, I could stand to see the belts on the current champions a little longer but only if I was guaranteed that Santino was in the process of evolving into a competent wrestler. As it stands now I think the championship would do a lot more in validating the possibility of a Corre threat
Prediction: ½ of the CommuNexus

WWE Championship: The Miz(c) vs. Jerry The King Lawler

Dr. Chris - So here's the thing, a lot of people are instantly counting out Lawler and seeing this almost how I talked about the Del Rio/Kingston match as something to keep Miz occupied until Wrestlemania but I'm not so sure WWE will keep Miz as champ. So here's what I'm thinking, in a big heart-warming moment, Lawler wins his championship and the next night on Raw, he graciously steps down as Champion. Raw then has a tournament that will be either all that night or stretched over the few weeks, the winner will face who ever won the Elimination Chamber in Wrestlemania. The only other thing I see happening is Cole gets in the way and makes Lawler lose and thus setting up some thing between them at Wrestlemania. BUT I'd much rather see the first scenario.
Winner - Jerry The King Lawler

Joel - WWE I must commend you. When Jerry first stepped into the ring at the start of this feud I assumed that I would be watching a frustratingly embarrassing match. And while I still feel that there are far better things that you could be doing with Miz (he is supposed to be your greatest wrestler after all, that’s what the belt means) than fighting a commentator he doesn’t like, Mr. Lawler has been able to maintain convincing ring presence far more than I ever expected. That being said, there is no way he is going to be holding the belt come Wrestlemania time.
Prediction: The Miz

Raw Elimination Chamber - John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, R-Truth, Sheamus, and John Morrison.

Dr. Chris - Why is R-Truth in this match? I mean, really, the guy makes the biggest screw-up followed by a ridiculously sloppy match and he still gets an opportunity to win Championship match? Either way, I think WWE wanted a guy to be an easy out so I'm thinking thats what he is. Morrison is really only there because he can pull off crazy moves but I don't see him lasting long. CM Punk and Randy Orton is gonna concentrate on each other and I'm sure they'll have a match against each other at Wrestlemania. Finally, I'm not sure if WWE wants Sheamus headlining a Wrestlemania just yet and with that being said, I know the company wants to make some money.
Winner - John Cena

Joel - This ones all about the rivalries. There’s no way that JohnMo is going to let Punk win. Punk won’t let Orton win. Sheamus is a heel so he can’t fight Miz for the belt. And R-Truth can't be trusted on mic anymore. So our only one left is John Cena. Cena again? Wont this be the third time in a row that he wins Elimination Chamber? Is he going to start getting an Undertaker-esque streak for February? What I would love to see is a storyline that would allow another guy to win the match but have to forfeit the Championship match in Wrestlemania for whatever reason. (hopefully because the Rock wants that match)
Prediction: John Cena.

Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber: Edge(c), Kane, Wade Barrett, Rey Mysterio, Drew McIntyre and ?

Dr. Chris - As it stands, Ziggles is "fired" and WWE.com is advertising this match to only have 5 participants now. I don't think this will remain this way, either Ziggles comes back or somebody replaces him. Who would replace him? I'm thinking Big Show, Ezekial Jackson or Cody Rhodes will return to set up his Wrestlemania match again Mysterio. Drew McIntyre isn't winning but will have an impressive outing but I probably can't say the same for Zane, who will make it way longer than he should and will be slow and terrible. I believe Edge and Ziggles are setting up for a Wrestlemania match so I feel like there will be some interference that will cause him to lose. So with that being said...
Winner - Wade Barrett

Joel - With a rivalry between Edge and Our Pal Al brewing, easy money would be on Edge to win the Chamber. However there are enough other people in the match to make it interesting. With Undertaker’s return happening very soon it might be time for Kane to get back into the spotlight. And who doesn’t love a surprise entrance going all the way, so whoever replaces Ziggles has a shot as well. But with Edge currently as the face of Smackdown, there’s no way he won’t be Wrestling at Wrestlemania. I’m keeping Edge as my prediction but with a note that Mr. Myst is my second choice as he is the only other face to fight Albert for the belt later. (also they have history)
Prediction: Edge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)