A little of this, A little of that

So, this entry is a long time in the making, mostly because I'm lazy, and partially because I had to wait for several things. But here we go.

First off, the Clone Wars came back on this past Friday for the second half of this third season and I gotta tell you, it blew me away! They've gone into Asajj Ventress' backstory and are fleshing out here character. Anyone who knows me knows that I love that character! And now getting to see her in action for real makes me very happy. This latest episode explains her origins in a sequence of flashbacks and, amazingly (especially for this series), they stuck to the already established EU cannon! It was great! Next, this episode provided the most epic and longest lightsaber battles we've seen out of this show yet! There is one at the beginning with Obi-wan and Anakin fighting Ventress which is very reminiscent of the duel between Qui-gon and Obi-wan against my all time favorite Sith Lord, Darth Maul. Later on, there is another fight with Ventress and two accomplices attacking Count Dooku. It is all intense and exciting. It was a very good episode to pick up on after the slow pace of the Senate and politics episodes they left us with in December.
On a related note, The half of the season looks AWESOME! There are rumors and trailers leading to Ahsoka Tano's fall to the Dark Side. There is still more to be seen with Asajj. And there is Maul's "brother", Savage Opress, who has yet to be introduced. So stay tuned for more on this!!!

Secondly, today is the 2nd snow day in a row and I found myself sitting in front of my computer as I have a lot recently. In these times of boredom, I have been turning to an old favorite site of mine, www.roosterteeth.com For those of you unfamiliar with the name off the bat, these are the geniuses and fellow nerds who have brought us the wickedly funny Red vs. Blue series. Over the course of the past couple months, I have been on-again off-again watching through the whole series and finally got to the finale today. I didn't realize how much story and thought they had put into everything! I know at the beginning, they were just screwing around and having fun but the managed to retcon EVERYTHING by the end! It is amazing how they were able to pull it all together. And to them I say Bravo!
What I didn't know is that these guys (and chicks) have been up to much more than that over the years. They have recently started this new series called "Immersion" which is kinda like a video game themed Mythbusters show. They take classic video game archetype things and test how well they would work IRL. It is brilliant and really funny. I suggest it to everyone reading this now. It is straight up your alley, I promise!

Lastly, I just read on my tumblr that first of all, Steve Jackson's "Hobbit" movies have been officially green lit. On top of that, they plan on sticking Elijah Wood in there just for kicks and giggles (and probably a few dollar bills). He'll be playing Frodo. Now, it's been a few years since I've read that book but I'm pretty sure Frodo isn't even mentioned... Perhaps this is old news, but it's new to me!

Anyway, I know that's a lot to take in at once (which is what she said), but I've had a lot
going on. Remind me to tell you about Minecraft some time!

OH!! and one more thing! I heard the other day an advertisement for Archer, Season 2!!!! AWESOME! ok I'm done now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

You're the Worst 5.13: "Pancakes"