Totally rocked my socks!

So I just got back from seeing TRON: Legacy with my little sister and let me tell you, it was AWESOME! I've heard about people whining that they spent way too much time with the effects and graphics and didn't put enough into the story. To those people, I would like to say this: Have you even seen the first Tron movie? This new film has 100% more storyline. And it was executed well. Yes, the graphics are brilliant and beautiful and I wish I lived on the Grid, but at least they gave this story some umph.
Not gonna lie, I had a bit of a spaz moment when Daft Punk showed up. They were just chillin. It was fantastic.
The good: Quorra is hott. And apparently, my lil sis thinks Sam is as well. I want a light cycle. And the action is amped up to the maximum. Kung-fu mixed with breakdancing infused with techno party rave. Also, there are some really awesome direct lines from the first movie that you would only pick up on if you've seen it. Brilliance.
The bad: This movie, much like its predecessor, left me with nothing but questions. I'm not going to throw any spoilers out there for any that haven't seen it yet, but there are many things left unanswered. Whether this is leading into a sequel or not is up in the air. If it does, I think they should wait until CGI is THAT much better to do it, just to keep the status quo.
The ugly: First of all, Jeff Bridges' face. Not his regular face, mind you, but at the beginning of the movie when Flynn is still young and Clu throughout the movie, his face is completely CGI. It's really well done, for what it is. But as fas as we have come with computer generated graphics, It is still pretty easy to tell when something isn't real. Secondly, Michael Sheen's character, Zeus, is ridiculous. I understand that he is supposed to be over the top but they took it farther than it should have gone. He was toooooo over the top.

So yeah, all in all, I want to see it again. We saw it in 2-D and I would love to see it in 3-D. I would also love to see it in IMAX 3-D. I imagine it's awesome! Also, I absolutely want to cosplay as Tron from this movie. It would be a nightmare to put together, but totally worth it!

If you haven't seen Tron, you may not understand Legacy but I would suggest going to see it anyways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)