Summer of Netflix Day 52 - Good Will Hunting
Joel: I think I had the disadvantage of not seeing this movie until it was already touted as a fantastic film. By the time I actually got around to seeing this movie, It had already won several awards and I was constantly told by everyone how good it is anytime the movie was brought up. It’s hard for any movie to live up to that and while I can see what made Good Will Hunting a good movie, it ended up being not all that enjoyable for me. I think that’s on me and not the movie. I feel like if I had gone into the movie not expecting it to be so great I would have enjoyed it a good deal. The script is tight with great characters. Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Robin Williams, and the rest of the cast all do fantastic jobs with their characters. It’s emotional, warm and heartfelt, but I guess I just wasn’t feeling that at the time. (again, I feel like this is my problem, not the movie’s.) I feel bad saying I didn’t like that all that much without there being anything to dislike so I can’t say don’t see the movie if you haven’t already. I’m actually probably going to give it another shot in a few years. See if I can find out what I’m missing.
Chris: I had a similar experience to Joel's because I had been hearing for years how good this movie is, all the awards it's won and how badly I need to see it. It's a good movie, it's an enjoyable movie and yes, all those awards are well earned and I see why it jump-started Damon and Affleck's career. However, it's hard to live up to the hype and that's to no fault of this movie because it goes for just about any situation. Overall, it's definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it already.



Comments
Post a Comment