I Love Being a Nerd

So I was just wandering around Wal-Mart, as I have a tendency to do, when I see an older woman (in her 60'sish) having a confused staring contest with a display near the toy section on which were several toy lighsabers and blasters. I was naturally gazing longingly at the Boba Fett EE-3 carbine rifle when she breaks her eyes from the stand and looks at me, a Darth Vader saber in one hand and an Obi Wan in the other.

"Do you know anything about this?" she asked me with exasperation in her voice. I couldn't help but break into a wide grin."Yes, I do. I know quite a bit about them, actually," I replied. "I could tell you how a lightsaber is built and how it functions, if you like," I thought to myself. She explained that her family lived in another state and they were therefor having an early Christmas. She had a printed out email from presumably her son or daughter describing what their kids wanted for Early Christmas. She was looking specifically for the General Grevious Spinning Electronic Lightsaber and suspected that the ones she was holding were not it. I chuckled and led her to the eisle where they were sitting on the shelf with the other Star Wars merchendise. She thanked me profusely and headed off on her way. I went my own way and laughed to myself. I suppose I look like a nerd, or I had a knowing look on my face as I looked at the Star Wars toys. In either case, it made my night being able to help her out like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

You're the Worst 5.13: "Pancakes"