Super 8 Poster is revealed

Movie Posters can be tricky. One can argue that these are valid works of art, valid as the movies that they are for. On the other hand, a different argument can be made that they are nothing more than an advertisement for the movie. As if they were just an announcement of a movie's eventual coming. Often the answer I have found lies somewhere in between. There are certainly examples of good and bad posters. For example the recent X-men: Frist Class posters did little to add to the "art" argument, or even make me want to see the movie. Other posters feature art work that I want to have hanging on my wall. (Most anything that was created by Drew Struzan)

I say all that to take a look at the new poster for Super 8 which was just released. The reason this poster caught my eye was the unique side shot that the poster uses. Something you don't pic up on at first, and requires a second look at. I think that if a poster is supposed to convey the feeling of a movie, this poster has been successful in that regard, more than any other poster I have seen recently. Anyway, take a look for yourself.

Click to enlarge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

You're the Worst 5.13: "Pancakes"