The Rager - Elimination Chamber


Hope everybody enjoyed the PPV last night, here are my thoughts:

1. Lets go ahead and get this out the way, I can't stand Booker T on commentary, he believes everybody gets hurt from every move and over-uses the cliche machine. Its like listening to Busta Rhymes do commentary if...you know... Busta forgot how to use words. He's WWE's Randy Jackson. Bring back Matt Stryker, please.

2. The Kofi/Del Rio match turned out to be exactly what most of us thought it would be, a tune-up match to keep Del Rio busy until his Wrestlemania match. I will say that I thought Alberto would put away Kofi a lot easier than he did but it really changes nothing.

3. The Smackdown Elimination Chamber was ok, I thought Wade Barrett really should've been in longer but both he and Drew McIntyre had strong outings. Big Show being the replacement for Ziggles' spot was pretty predictable and not at all necessary, the rivalry really isn't between him and the Corre, its him and Ezekial Jackson. It was WWE believing once that just because they have a big guy in, that'll make the fans more interested/entertained but as well all learn from the Great Khali, thats not the case. The action at the end between Edge and Mysterio was good, kinda showed that Edge still has a little left in the tank and can pull it out when he needs to. Good to see Christian back, hopefully he'll finally get some sort of push.

4. Am I the only one that caught Booker T refer to Justin Gabriel as Grable? The Corre guys defeated the Tag Team champs and I'm kinda ok with that, I just hope Kozlov and Santino stay together. They're two halves of one perfect wrestler: Kozlov is all in-ring ability with no personality and Santino is all personality with no in-ring ability and the two equal each other out.

5. I'm really don't care about Vickie Guerrero and we all knew Kelly Kelly would be back and if Trish Stratus knew she was going to be used then we should've at least worn regular, freaking shoes.

6. Jerry "The King" Lawler put on a fantastic match and Miz did all the he could to make sure Lawler looked good. This was a well balanced match if I've ever seen one. The two men complemented each other's technique, you had interest with Alex Riley's involvement and eventual ejection and you had Cole's heat magnant (that sounds vaguely sexual). I would've loved to see The King win, as I'm sure everybody did but it was an outstanding match that piled on to the mountain of heat he's got as well as given more sympathy towards Lawler. And let it be known that WWE did lose a lot of respect from me with the CM Punk fake suicide attempt about a month ago but they did regain quite a bit of it back for handling the death of Lawler's mother the way they did.

7. The Raw Elimination Chamber match was brilliant and for once I don't really have a complaint about any of the participants.

8. I've been hard on R-Truth (as I feel rightfully so) but he did start to dig himself out of the hole. He seemed to have a little bit more motivation and tenacity than usual. As I predicted, he was eliminated early and I would've liked to see what he could do if he stayed around longer but I suppose someone had to go.

9. The only thing I really liked about Sheamus in this was him attacking Cena right out the gate when his pod opened. Other than that, he just seemed to be there and take up space but he still did pretty well, in my opinion.

10. I kinda rolled my eyes when Cena won. Yes, I did predict him to win but I didn't want it to happen. He really didn't do a whole lot to wow me in this match and did no deserve the win like CM Punk or John Morrison did. I did like how Cena appeared to be in some sort of shock after the match, at least was an attempt to sell that the match was traumatic.

11. Randy Orton shot out of a cannon when he first entered. He demolished everything in his path but the biggest impression I got from him was the interaction between him and CM Punk. I wasn't too big on this rivalry but after EC, this is probably the potential Wrestlemania match that I'm most stoked about. More on that later...

12. John Morrison put on one hell of a show and really should've won. He sold his knee injury to the point where I'm still not sure if he's really hurt or not. He took some nasty hits and pulled off some amazing moves. Can he be a top card draw now? Please? The only complaint I have about him was the cage roof climb and dropping on Sheamus. The timing was a little awkward and Sheamus was left standing there, looking dumb as he tries to convince everyone that he can't see Morrison hanging above him.

13. CM Punk = PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT! The malfunctioning pod was a great way to get into Orton's head and Punk's mocking of Orton was brilliant. The risk of bringing him back as the Nexus leader and leaving the feud with Barrett then leaving the feud with Cena to feud with Orton completely paid off at EC. He really showed what the WWE Universe was missing with him being out of action. Great Elimination Chamber.

Final thought: Congrats once again to Rager contributor, Joel, for correctly guessing the entire Pay Per View for the 2nd straight time.
Remember Raw tonight in a few hours where we finally see what is the meaning of the 2-21-11 promos *cough* Undertaker *cough*
This has been your Rager, come back soon for Raw Thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)