Thunder Thunder Thunder Thundercats!

Who loved Thundercats? I did as I'm sure you probably did. Its been forever since I last saw the Thundercats on some Saturday morning from long ago. I've been meaning forever, to go ahead and buy the DVDs to relive my childhood but I haven't found the time now. All I remember was watching that show, thinking how cool it was and that awesome intro theme song. That awesome awesome song.

This awesome song




Anyway there have long been floating rumors of a live action movie and while Transformers and other 80s cartoons have made a successful transition to the big screen (a financial one if not a critical one) No solid progress has ever been made on the Thundercats front. Maybe robot-turning-into-cars aliens sounds better in a Hollywood pitch than looks-just-like-people-but-very-clearly-has-some-sort-of-cat-DNA aliens does.

But what this means it turns out is that Cartoon Network is picking up the property for a new Thundercats cartoon.

Today revealed the first official picture from the show.



another picture has also made it's rounds on the interent. This one is a bit blurry but here it is for you anyway.




While I'm sure there are those who long to complain about every tiny difference between these character designs and the originals, I cant help but to be excited for this new show. Leo still has a giant sword, It looks like Cheetara is still going to run really fast. An updated look is not necessarily a bad thing.
Lets have a positive outlook. And lets listen to that original intro one more time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

You're the Worst 5.13: "Pancakes"