Nerdy Holiday Fun

So this time of year I can pretty much think of nothing but Christmas lights, snow, and really cool nerdy holiday-related things. I've found and re-found quite a few of those this year, as well as made a few things myself, so I thought I'd share.

This first one isn't specifically holiday related, but authentic Buttered Beere sure sounds delicious on a cold winters night. Turns out, Harry Potter's famous favorite drink was actually made with ale and butter back in the 1400s. This post is chock full of interesting historical info too!

There's also a great selection of nerdy Christmas songs, my favorite of which include:



Why yes, that last one is "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" sung in both Japanese and English by the Japanese cast of Digimon in character. I had downloaded it onto one of our computers long, long ago, and could not resist finding it again. It's so amazingly weird and terrible. "Missle-too" is my favorite part.

In honor of the season I've made a few crafty things myself. First up is my "gingerbread" (graham cracker) TARDIS complete with Matt Smith marshmallow snow man:



His hair was particularly difficult, eventually our friend Jon produced a Cosmic Brownie and I moulded it like clay haha. Worked like a charm! Though it is difficult to portray all that crazy hair in brownie.

I also made a pair of ornaments for my brother and his girlfriend Jen. They love Spirited Away so I made one ornament with Chihiro and one with Haku.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)