An Overly Detailed Look At: The New Transformers Trailer

So we got the title, and then the poster, and now we have our first look at the teaser trailer for the third Transformers movie called Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Which you can watch on Apple's website or right here:



Trailer opens with loud music and the date July 20, 1969. (the moon landing for those who don't know) We watch the landing through hat looks to be a combination of computer effects and bits of actual footage from back on earth. Therare told that our nation;s proudest moment contains a secret that's been hidden for forty years.

Ok this is already reminding me of the teaser for the first movie. Does anyone remember that? We see lots of footage for the Mars rover looking at the dead surface of Mars and the footage ends with a shot of a Transformer silhouette attacking the rover and you were left wondering what Mars had to do with Transformers. Didn't they come from Cybertron?

So the trailer caries on to show a back room where a bunch of NASA techs stop communication with Apollo 11 and giving Neil Armstrong the go ahead. So from the trailer it looks like they're actually planning on casting somebody as Neil Armstrong. IMDb has no mention that I can find though.

So the two astronauts head on over to the dark side fo the moon where they find, you guessed it, a giant spaceship. Within ten seconds of investigation they find the face of their first Transformer buried in the dirt and seem reasonably concerned. They continue their search but basically say little more than the ship is a mess and they don't know why.

This is when the music picks back up and the names start to appear on the screen (from Michael Bay and Executive Producer Steven Spielberg) The astronauts have clearly found something as they say "we are not alone." We get another look outside the ship before we finally zoom in and see our first clear look at a Transformer at the two minute mark of the trailer. We zoom in on the eye, which activates and then get to the title of the movie.

Now I get this is a teaser trailer so that's why the only giant robot I get to see is one that can only blink at the moment. The only problem is that I have no idea who he is. It's been stated earlier that Shockwave was supposed to be the main villian for this movie so I suppose that it could be him but I don't think so.
See, the shockwave I know looks like this:

Whereas this new Transformer looks like this:


Not exactly the Same guy. Now the movies have taken som grand liberties in the past with the physical appearance of the Transformers but as for right now, I have no idea who this new Transformer is. Are we supposed to be excited about this guy? (If anybody knows who he is help me out)
Plus on a side note, in the last movie we got a quick glimpse at this newspaper:

Which looks a lot more like the original toy from above. 

So in the end, the teaser trailer has me no more or less excited to see this movie. There is not enough to suggest that this movie will be deeply flawed. But at the same time nothing in this trailer has gotten me excited for next summer. I have no desire to watch this trailer again looking for clues (for that feeling I would suggest the recent Cowboys and Aliens trailer)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 30 Muse Songs (5 - 1)

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

The Full Spectrum: Dear Hunter's White EP