Meandering Thoughts at the turn of the Decade

I realize it won't be 2011 for a few more hours, but I'm impatient.

Happy New Year! May 2011 be both irrelevant and awesome and all of the other words we say to each other as the Ball or Acorn or whatever drops tonight.

And as I look back on this past decade, it weaves together so much that I can't even remember it all. Age 11-21 is such a time to recall. I did not know then what lay ahead of me at age 11. I did not know what people I would meet and what was in store in my life. I could not even fathom it. I imagine who I ended up would be a shock to younger me. I certainly am a lot better writer than she was. I certainly have more confidence to be what I am. I'm glad to be done with my troubling adolescence, and to be able to move on with my life from that. In those 10 years I did so much, and met some many people. I learned new ideas and concepts and learned to define myself my own way. I became a nerd and a feminist, and I can't remember life before either of those moments. I've made terrible mistakes and done things that left me changed for the better. I can't imagine who I'll be at 31. I hope she's as awesome as I hope she'll be.

I know for me, 2011 will be a year of change. I graduate into the 'real world' in May, like my fellow Awesome-ites already have. Looking into the future is something I do too often. But I have to say I'm more excited than scared for the decade that will define my 20s. Those feelings of excitement and utter terror fluctuate often. This is the decade that will define my young adulthood. 30 seems so far away right now. This is the decade where I learn how to be an adult, a real adult, rather than this semi-adult I've been throughout college. Whether people want to admit it or not, we are consistently changing beings. We all changed drastically in the last decade, why stop now? I wonder who I'll be in the next years. I wonder who we all will be.

I look forward to seeing where we all go and what we all do with the next ten years allotted us. I'm sure we're all going to do Awesome things with our lives. Maybe 31 year old me will remember to look back on this post and remember me as I was now. Hopefully 31 year old me will like what I wrote. I hope all our 31, 32, 35 and however old selves at 2021 will like what we are doing here today. With that said...

Happy 2011 and Happy New Decade!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)