Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas Eve!

I justed wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays for today and tomorrow. Fingers crossed for those of us in North Carolina. There's a chance of flurries tomorrow...the first white Christmas most of us have seen. I hope everyone gets some fabulous nerdy presents from their families and friends. I hope everyone's had the chance to give some fabulous nerdy presents to their families and friends.

As the only nerd in a non-nerd family Christmas is an interesting time. Having to explain the significance of a t-shirt or other nerdy item can be difficult. Especially when it's a gift they bought me. I got a Doctor Who shirt from Mom and Dad last year. Mom didn't have a clue and Dad only had a vague idea what it meant. But I think it's nice that even though they don't understand, they're still willing to get me what I want. At the moment Mom is giving me a funny look for still watching Syfy's Christmas Eve Next Generation marathon. *Sigh* Explaining the significance of a TV show is just as hard.

On a non-family-related note, I'm looking forward to watch Doctor Who at the appropriate time this year. It's nice that we Americans get the Christmas Special at Christmas time for the first time ever. Hopefully this will be the first of many Christmas Specials for Matt Smith. I don't like the idea of going through doctors every few years like we've been doing. The commercials make it look promising. A play on A Christmas Carol is a bit cliche but if anyone can make it new again it's Doctor Who.

What is everyone else looking forward to?

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)