Ladies Nerd Shirts


These are my nerd shirts! Or at least my well-fitting nerd shirts. I'm sure a lot of nerd girls have the same problems that I do finding shirts. And for girls, there are quite a few, but here are my main two:
  • Lack of shirts. This actually varies quite a bit by genre. As you can see, I've not had any problem finding superhero or Star Wars shirts. You'll notice though, a distinct lack of other genres. Finding girls video game shirts, or shirts from other Sci-fi can be difficult. And also, you'll notice a distinctly girly flair to all of these. Two of them are pink, and the black Star Wars shirt has glitter. I personally like having a bit of generic girlyness to my apparel, but for girls that don't it makes the search that much harder.
  • Fit. This drives me nuts. "Womens" shirts are very often just men's shirts that are smaller, shorter, and have shorter sleeves. This does little to nothing to flatter my figure and makes wearing jeans with them difficult, because they're often to short. Also, the sizing is very often super skewed on these shirts. I have a Last Tour to Endor shirt that's a women's small and fits me like a men's medium. I try my best to find "babydoll" t-shirts, which should really just be called "actually fits my damn boobs and doesn't look like a belly shirt," in my opinion, but they're trickier to find.
But do not despair fair nerd ladies! There are places that make it easier to find nerd shirts for girls. Here are some of my favorites:
  • Hot Topic Their shirts can be a little overpriced in my opinion, but they do tend to keep a better stock of nerdy girl t-shirts than most places.
  • Ript Apparel, Woot Shirts, and Tee Fury all do 1 shirt design every day, a lot of them are nerdy and all of them come in ladies sizes!
  • Think Geek, obviously.
  • Her Universe makes Star Wars (and soon to be other Sci-Fi) stuff just for ladies! I'll be doing a review of their stuff sometime soon, I have a hoodie and some jewelry from them that I just love.
  • I've found some recently at Walmart, like the pink Batman shirt, the Superman shirt, and the R2-D2 shirt above!
  • Poke around thrift stores, normal girls stores like Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, or H&M if you're really desperate, sometimes I've gotten lucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

You're the Worst 5.13: "Pancakes"