The Full Spectrum: The Dear Hunter's Blue EP

The Dear Hunter: Blue EP

I likened the Yellow EP as all the peaks and valleys of falling in love for the first and if that's true, Blue is like falling in love for the final time, knowing that the person next to you will be by your side the rest of your life. Blue ranks pretty high with me on the Color Spectrum album and it remains one of my go-to selections for times when I just want to relax because even though the color blue usually invokes a coldness connotation, that warmth of sound I discussed forever ago about Dear Hunter becomes prevalent only this time it's used to produce a more mellow vibe. My personal favorite song in the EP is The Collapse of the Great Tide Cliffs which obviously runs along with the theme of the album cover but it's such a beautiful song that I'm afraid anything I might say about it wouldn't do the song justice. The song is one of their more simplistic but Casey Crescenzo puts just as much emphasis into the silence as he does the noise and the song builds up to a crescendo but even that (in a wavelike fashion) pulls in and backs off with every "oh" sung by Casey. All of that leads into a soft instrumental outro that most of the songs in Blue feature but Great Tides' in-particular will put the listener in a restful disposition and I mean that as a huge compliment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

Day 5 of Halloween - The Fly (1958)

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)