Day 3 of Halloween: Cockneys vs Zombies



Jason: I am so glad I put this one on this list! This is one of the only movies on here that I haven’t seen before. I haven’t laughed so much at a zombie movie since the first time watching Shaun of the Dead. Man, England has had a rough time with the undead. 28 Days/Weeks later, Shaun of the Dead, Dracula, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and this movie (to name a few). When the plague does start, I’m betting it hits London first.
There are wonderful zombie tropes that this film hits with perfection and some that it highlights like no other zombie movie I’ve seen. There is a scene where an old man with a walker is being chased, but not caught, by a whole group of the undead. They match pace and it is hilarious! Going into this, I was a little worried that it would be ultra campy and light on the hard core horror but this thing pulled NO punches! The baby. That is all. I have found a new zombie movie to add to my personal collection! There are feels, comedy, terror, and straight up bad-assery all over the place!
Absolutely a must see for anyone who is a fan of the Zombie Flick.

Joel: With a title like this, it feels like this in going to be one of those cheaply done movies where the only real effort is put into the poster to get you to buy the DVD on a whim. And it kind of is that, but it’s a really good version of that. See Zombies aren’t really all that scary. They’re slow, dumb, and easily dispatched, so if we’re not going to be sacred of them, it might as well be a funny movie. This is really what i would like out of a modern zombie movie. Very straightforward, gets to the zombie part of the movie quickly and then plays around with it. (The baby, and the chase scene in the garden being two stand out points) It looks like it was a lot of fun to write and film, and that makes it a lot of fun to watch as well.



Chris: Okay, so congrats to Jason for picking a movie that I ended up liking however, I’m hesitant to give him full credit just yet because I’d classify this as more of a comedy than a horror movie. Sure, zombies are present and that’s the driving force for the movie but there’s a guy punting a zombie baby and an elderly man successfully running away from zombies while using a walker. I’d rank this up there with the likes of Zombieland and Tucker & Dale vs Evil in which horror is a classification of those movies via technicality. I will say that this is a welcome breath of fresh air following Babadook yesterday (and yes, I’m talking about the baby-punting, again)
Not willing to give Jason a full point for it, so hows about a tie? 0-2-1

Tomorrow's Movie: Dark Skies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muppets for Best Song!

We need to talk about what Brandon Sanderson just did

Gossip Girl 2021 Review (based on one episode)